I came across a list online and edited it a bit and this is what I came up with, ’10 Things That Make Your Husband Brag About You’.
1. How chill you are. Men take pride in you being “not like other women” and being totally chill and down to earth and not caring if he goes out and has a guys’ night. You don’t have to be chill, and you certainly don’t have to fake it; men just like to brag about it.
2. Your date nights. Do you guys have great date nights? Are you always doing cool things together? Do you count go-karting as a date? Your husband brags about that.
3. Your accomplishments at work. Of course, he’s proud of your accomplishments. He probably tells everyone about how great your job is and all the perks it comes with. Or he might just think your title is impressive. Maybe he even carries one of your cards around in his wallet.
4. Any cool “guy” stuff you’re into. All right, it might not be fair to label it “guy” stuff, but your husband loves boasting about all the shared hobbies you have. If he can take you to a football game or you can spend a night playing video games together, that’s worth bragging about.
5. Your how-we-met story. He might not get misty-eyed and tell it the same way you do, but if you’ve got an interesting how-we-met story, you can bet he tells it when he’s hanging with the fellas.
6. How much you still have fun together. If you two can still stay out all night partying at a wedding and having crazy adventures, he’s definitely telling all his friends about it the next day.
7. How much you trust each other. Trust is the foundation upon which you build your marriage. The point is, if one of his friends is complaining about his wife going through his phone, he’s going to make a point to say, “My wife never does that.”
8. Your awesome life skills. Are you an awesome chef? Can you carve a chair out of an old oak tree? Those things are amazing and your husband knows it … so does everyone else within earshot.
9. Your psychic connection. Can you look at each other and communicate complex thoughts like, Let’s get out of here, or, You know what, I changed my mind … order me a shawarma too? Not everyone has that, and it’s something your husband is definitely proud of.
10. How good you are at gift-giving. Gift-giving is a lost art. If you got him some incredible surprise for his birthday, you can bet he’s rubbing it in everyone’s face for weeks afterward.