1. He already knows the reasons you are sometimes a super-sad pile of anxiety. Your issues aren’t going to blindside him. They came out when you guys were friends and he already knows what he can do to help you feel better. It’s amazing.
2. He’s weird in all same ways you are. So you start writing weird songs about space travel when you’re tired, then start laughing for no reason and seem crazy but aren’t? He’s right there with you. Part of the reason he loves you is because you are a genuine, grade-A weirdo.
3. You will never have that moment where you’re like, “Oh, that sex was fun but now WTF are we supposed to talk about? Grass?” This is already your favorite person to talk to, so they still will be even after you’ve put your bodies together.
4. He knows all your insecurities. And he doesn’t give a shit about it. So your dad cheated on your mom and now you occasionally ask suspicious questions because you know with every part of your weird little heart that he wouldn’t cheat on you but you’re still terrified? He knows why and answers them and kisses you on the forehead, and then you just chill and eat nachos.
5. You can talk to him like a friend. You can tell him anything that makes you nervous or sad or scared or super-happy, and he will never judge you for your emotions. Because he’s been there for you basically your whole life. The biggest sigh of relief, man.
6. You don’t need to awkwardly pry for info on his past relationships. You’ve spent your whole friendship talking about that shit and you’ve each met almost everyone the other has liked anyway. You know the deal.
7. You already know why sometimes he is a ridiculous person you kind of want to punch. But you never do punch him because you love him and he is your favorite, but also sometimes he gets upset about a problem that isn’t even a problem because you already told him how to solve it but he will not liiiiisten. *Ahem* Abe *ahem*.
8. You don’t have to wait to see if they “get you” because they already “got you” from the first time you two ever met. “Are we going to fall into that cool rhythm where we totally understand each other even though we barely said anything? Oh, that’s right. That’s literally been us all the time, even when we didn’t kiss constantly.”
9. You will never have more fun falling in love with someone. You’ve already fallen in love with each other as friends, and it was hilariously easy and happened without you even trying. That’s why you’re best friends. So actually falling in love with them as a best friend is mostly worry-free intimacy, high fives, and legit great sex.
10. You don’t have to worry about what his friends think of you, and vice versa. Especially because they have all been waiting for you to fall stupidly in love with each other for yeeeears now and are psyched you finally did it already.
11. You already know each other’s families. So when you tell them you want to get married, they are, if it’s possible, even more psyched than you or your friends combined. Cakes are baked in your collective honor.
12. You know, just know, that he will never ever give up on you. If things get hard or messy or weird, you already know he’s going to be in your life forever. If anything, you’re extra-careful with each other because this person already matters so much. It’s like a cute, little, protective shell over your “shut up already” happy little romance. And who doesn’t want a cute, protective shell? Mine has glitter rainbows on it and smells like roses. A guy in Italy did it for cheap.