Photo credit: Google
“We are what we eat.” You’ve heard that many times but it’s true. If you eat junk food, your figure will depict it. And if you eat healthy food, your body will tell that tale too. If junk food is your tainted love, with a few simple and better alternatives you can change the way you eat thus improving your health and slimming your physique if that’s what you want. So what are they? The healthy tips.
– Choose sweet potatoes over regular potatoes because sweet potatoes are good carbs. Plantain bananas too.
– Eat soft cheeses such as feta and goat cheeses instead of the hard ones which are hard to burn.
– Avoid high fructose corn syrup. Nowadays, everything has it! Even ketchup! I skip it! Have a glass of water. It’s better for your body anyways. You can consume soda in moderation though.
– Pick wheat bread over white bread.
– Drink your coffee or tea with no sugar. Trust me it tastes better without it when you get use to no sugar. You feel the flavor more and it corrupts your senses, hmmm, yum!
– Stay clear of artificial flavoring or processed foods. They weaken your immune system and make your allergies worse.
– Try to eat your salad with only olive oil and vinegar. The dressing you add to it has more calories, and it is not healthy for you. If you eat rich and tasty dressings when you’re on a diet then your diet isn’t really a diet.
– Consume more honey. I eat it with everything! Plus, it’s sunnah.
– Eat a lot of fruits. That said, don’t buy canned fruits and think it’s the same. It’s not because they have preservatives. That stuff is bad for your immune system. It also triggers allergies and other dormant diseases you may have.
– Above all, eat slow. This technique will help you lose weight, make you full, and reduce heartburn.
I hope these help. Jazak’Allah khair for reading,